Ziti with Portobello Mushrooms, Caramelized Onions, and Goat Cheese
- 2 tbsps butter
- 4 tbsps olive oil
- 3 onions, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 lb portobello mushrooms, stems removed, caps halved and cut crosswise into 1/4-inch slices
- 3 tbsps chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 3/4 lb ziti
- 3 ozs soft goat cheese (such as montrachet) crumbled
- 3 tbsps grated parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
Tasting notes: We love how the mushroom and caramelized onions support the earthiness of Pinot and make the bright cherry elements vibrant.
Serena's tips: Make sure the onions are very well browned, depending on your heat it may take a little longer than 20 minutes.
- Website link
- Website address: www.foodandwine.com/recipes/ziti-portobello-mushrooms-caramelized-onions-and-goat-cheese
Recipe and photo courtesy of: www.foodandwine.com.