Roasted Butternut Squash Salad with Warm Cider Vinaigrette
- 1 (1 1/2 lb) butternut squash, peeled diced (3/4 inch)
- olive oil
- 1 pure maple syrup
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsps dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup apple cider or apple juice
- 2 tbsps cider vinegar
- 2 tbsps minced shallots
- 2 tsps Dijon mustard
- 4 ozs baby arugula, washed and spun dry
- 1/2 cup walnuts, halved and toasted
- 3/4 cup freshly grated parmesan
Pairing Notes: Roasted Butternut squash is such a wonderful pairing with Starscape Pinot noir as it compliments the earthiness in the wine and allows the bright fruit flavors to shine.
Chef's Tip: You can roast the butternut squash in advance and serve it at room temperature.
Recipe and photo courtesy of: The Food Network