Roasted Butternut Squash Salad with Warm Cider Vinaigrette
- 1 1/2 lbs butternut squash, peeled diced (3/4 inch)
- olive oil
- 1 pure maple syrup
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsps dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup apple cider or apple juice
- 2 tbsps cider vinegar
- 2 tbsps minced shallots
- 2 tsps dijon mustard
- 4 ozs baby arugula, washed and spun dry
- 1/2 cup walnuts, halved and toasted
- 3/4 cup freshly grated parmesan
Tasting notes: Roasted Butternut squash is such a wonderful pairing with Starscape Pinot noir as it compliments the earthiness in the wine and allows the bright fruit flavors to shine.
Serena's tips: You can roast the butternut squash in advance and serve it at room temperature.
- Website link
- Website address: www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/roasted-butternut-squash-salad-with-warm-cider-vinaigrette-recipe-1945748
Recipe and photo courtesy of: The Food Network.