Pan-Seared Arctic Char with Olives and Potatoes
- 4 small red potatoes, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 4 skin-on arctic char fillets (about 5 oz. each), scaled
- 3 tbsps olive oil
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, each about 3 inches long
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 3 tbsps roughly chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 4 lemon wedges
Tasting notes: We love the combination of kalamata olives and potatoes with Perli Pinot as it compliments the fruit and highlights the earthiness of this wine.
Serena's tips: Use really good high quality, less sweet balsamic vinegar, it makes a difference. We've done this dish with both salmon and halibut when we have been unable to find Arctic char.
Recipe courtesy of Jay Weinstein for Fine Cooking Issue 101. Photo courtesy of Scott Phillips for Fine Cooking.