Pan-Seared Arctic Char with Olives and Potatoes
- 4 small red potatoes, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 4 skin-on arctic char fillets (about 5 oz. each), scaled
- 3 tbsps olive oil
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, each about 3 inches long
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 3 tbsps roughly chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 4 lemon wedges
Tasting notes: We love the combination of kalamata olives and potatoes with Perli Pinot as it compliments the fruit and highlights the earthiness of this wine.
Serena's tips: Use really good high quality, less sweet balsamic vinegar, it makes a difference. We've done this dish with both salmon and halibut when we have been unable to find Arctic char.
- Website link
- Website address: www.finecooking.com/recipe/pan-seared-arctic-char-with-olives-and-potatoes
Recipe courtesy of Jay Weinstein for Fine Cooking Issue 101. Photo courtesy of Scott Phillips for Fine Cooking.