Oven-roasted Salmon, Asparagus and New Potatoes
- 1 lb Small new potatoes, scrubbed clean and halved
- 2 tbsps Olive oil
- 1/2 lb Medium asparagus, trimmed and sliced on the diagonal, 1 inch pieces
- 1 tbsp Fresh dill, chopped
- 1 Strip of lemon zest
- 1 Small garlic clove, coarsely chopped (we run it through a garlic press)
- 1 tsp Salt (recipe calls for 1/2 tsp but we think a smidge more is better)
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 Salmon fillets (8 - 10 oz) or steaks cut about 1 inch thick
- 1 Lemon, cut into wedges
Pairing Notes: A wonderfully light and flavorful dish. The richness of salmon plays with the delicate balance of the Mendocino Ridge Pinot. The potatoes and asparagus offer tasty supporting flavors.
Serena's Tips: We really like using fingerling potatoes and you could do a chopped sweet potato as well.
Recipe courtesy of Elise Bauser via www.simplyrecipes.com
Photo courtesy of www.rsimplyrecipes.com