Grilled Pork Chop and Fig and Arugula Salad
- 2 boneless pork chops
- 2 cups arugula
- 4 fresh figs
- 2 tbsps parmesan cheese, shaved
- 1 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- 2 tbsps balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsps olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Tasting notes: We love the combination of spicy argula withh sweet figs. It's a combination that highlights the pretty red fruit notes in Pinot.
Serena's tips: If the figs are a bit underripe, grill them to bring out the juices.
- Salt and pepper both sides of the pork chops.
- As the grill is warming, prepare your salad.
- Whisk the balsamic vinegar and olive oil together and salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss the arugula, toasted pine nuts and shaved parmesan with the salad dressing.
- You can quarter the figs and throw them into the salad now. Or, halve the figs and give them a little time on the grill then add them to the salad.
- Grill your pork chops on medium high heat for 4 - 6 minutes per side rotating 90 degrees once to get grill marks.
- Let the pork chops rest for a few minutes and then serve alongside the salad.
Photo courtesy of http://www.nuggetmarket.com/recipes/44/arugula-and-fig-salad/.