Grilled Salmon with Peach, Burrata and Arugula Salad
- 2 Salmon Filets, Skin On
- Salt & Pepper
- 3 cups Arugula
- 1/2 lb Peaches, Fresh
- 1 Ball Fresh Burrata
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Olive Oil
Pairing Notes: The light-red fruit and earthy components of the 2011 Anderson Valley Pinot Noir are a great contrast to the rich silkiness of the grilled salmon. The wine’s balance between earth and fruit is the perfect complement to the sweet and spicy salad.
Chef’s Tip: If you can’t find fresh burrata at your grocery store, you can substitute fresh mozzarella.
- Turn the grill to medium-high heat. Oil the grill with a paper towel soaked in olive oil (use grill tongs to grip paper towel)
- Rinse salmon, pat dry and season with salt and pepper
- Put arugula in a bowl and dress with balsamic vinegar and oil to taste
- Peel and quarter peaches and add to arugula
- Tear burrata into small pieces; add to salad and gently toss
- Grill salmon flesh-side-down first; flip and cook for approximately 3–4 minutes per side with the grill lid closed
- Using a spatula, lift cooked salmon off its skin and serve
Recipe courtesy of Serena Lourie. Photo courtesy of eatyourbooks.com.