Crisp Salmon with Avocado Salad
- 2 tbsps Pine nuts
- 2 1/2 tbsps Extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsps Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Freshly squeezed orange juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 Skin-on salmon fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 3 Heads Bibb lettuce- large leaves torn into bite size pieces
- 2 Hass avocados, thinly sliced
Pairing Notes: The citrus elements of the salad dressing highlight the bright red fruit in that shows up in several of our Pinots. Salmon and Pinot are a classic pairing which we love. The creaminess in the salad dressing and the avocado balance the mouth feel of the Pinot.
Serena's Tips: Because I like to make pesto, I always have a jar of pine nuts that I have toasted in advance on hand and that makes the first step of this recipe really easy. This is an easy recipe to reduce the serving size to 2 or 4 people, just keep the salad dressing amounts the same and use the extra dressing in another salad.
Recipe courtesy of Food & Wine Melissa Rubel Jacobson October 2009
Photo courtesy of Food & Wine