Chicken Breasts with Feta and Figs
September 1, 2022
- 4 5-6 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tsps chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 2 tbsps extra-virgin olive oil (plus 2 additional tsp)
- 2 ozs feta
- 1 1/4 tsps fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 8 fresh figs, cut in small dice
- 1 tbsp honey
- rosemary sprigs for garnish (optional)
Tasting notes: We love pairing figs with Pinot because the sweetness of the fig is such a great contrast to the fruit and acidity in the Pinot.
Serena's tips: I make the fig compote (step 5) first so that I can skip transferring the chicken to a baking sheet to keep warm in the oven. You can also decrease the quantity of figs in order to decrease the sweetness level.
- Website link
- Website address: https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1017615-chicken-breasts-with-feta-and-figs
Recipe courtesy of Martha Rose Shulman for the New York Times. Photo courtesy of the New York Times.