Baked Ziti with Spinach and Tomatoes
- 3/4 lb Hot Italian Sausage, casing removed
- 1 Medium Onion, chopped
- 3 Large Cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1 Can (28 oz.) Diced, Peeled Tomatoes
- 1/4 cup Pesto Sauce (purchased is fine)
- 10 ozs Ziti or Penne Pasta (about 3 cups), freshly cooked
- 8 cups Fresh Spinach, ready-to-use leaves (about 2/3 of a 10 oz. package)
- 6 ozs Mozzarella Cheese, cubed
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated (about 3 oz.)
Pairing Notes: This dish has all the right elements to make the Sangio sing.
Chef's Tip: We add a lot more mozzarella because we like it very cheesy.
Recipe courtesy of Carmela M. Meely, Walnut Creek, California; Bon Appétit November 1994.
Photo courtesy of melskitchencafe.com.