Truffled Mac and Cheese
- 1/2 Stick of Butter (for the baking pan), plus 4 Tbsp for the roux
- Salt, to taste
- 1 lb Elbow Macaroni
- 2 tsps Truffle Oil
- 1/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Sweet Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 cups Milk
- 1 cup Half-and-Half
- Black Pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- 1 1/2 cups Gruyère Cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups White Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 2 tbsps Fresh Chives, minced
Pairing Notes: The truffle from the mac and cheese and the fruit notes from the Mariah pair beautifully together.
Chef's Tip: We like to make a big tray of this and cut it into individual serving sizes making it easy to freeze and defrost servings.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Williams Sonoma, via williams-sonoma.com.