Steamed Mussels With Garlic and Parsley
- 2 tbsps Extra virgin olive oil (plus more for toasts)
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced, plus 1 or 2 whole garlic cloves for rubbing toasts
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- 4 lbs Mussels, cleaned
- 1/2 cup White wine or water
- 1 Baguette, split lengthwise, then cut crosswise in half
- 1 cup Roughly chopped parsley
Pairing Notes: Seafood and Rosé is always a lovely pairing and we adore the brineyness of mussels contrasting with the fruit flavors in the Rosé.
Chef's Tip: We add a little butter when we put the wine in for a little more flavoring.
Recipe courtesy of David Tanis and the New York Times. Photo courtesy of Karsten Moran/New York Times. https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/