Spiced Pork Tenderloin with Cherry-Thyme Pan Sauce
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 2 Pork tenderloins (around 2 lbs total)
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 1 Large shallot, thinly sliced lengthwise (about 1 cup)
- 10 sprigs of thyme
- 1 1/4 cups dry red wine
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 (10 oz) package of frozen dark sweet cherries, thawed and halved
- 1 tbsp cold, unsalted butter
Pairing Notes: The cherry sauce is bright and savory which is how we think of the Saltonstall Pinot, thus, it's a perfect marriage of food and wine.
Chef's Tip: Make sure the chop the cherries in half or even quartered.
Recipe and photo courtesy of: www.epicurious.com