Sauteed Pork Chops with Sweet Potato, Apples, and Mustard Sauce
- 1/2 cup apple cider or juice, plus extra if needed
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 Boneless, center-cut loin pork chops, 3/4in thick
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 1 medium sweet potato, about 1/2 lb, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 Braeburn, Gala, or other sweet-tart apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard, smooth or whole-grain
- 2 tsps minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
Pairing Notes: We love how the lushness of the Perli plays with the tart apples and sweet potatoes.
Chef's Tip: Reduce the cinammon to 1/8th of a teaspoon otherwise it is can overwhelm the subtle blackberry and plum that are present in the Perli.
Recipe and photo courtesy of: www.epicurious.com