Pork Roast with Sausage, Fruit and Nut Stuffing
- 1/4 cup Pine nuts
- 1/4 cup Walnuts, halved
- 1 cup Brandy
- 12 Apricots, dried
- 12 Prunes, pitted
- 1 tsp Clementine zest, finely grated
- 1 lb Butifarra (a Catalan cured pork sausage), or sweet Italian sausage, meat removed from the casings
- 1/4 cup Olive oil, extra-vrigin
- 4 Garlic cloves, minced
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- 2 6-rib pork loin roasts (8.5 lbs in total)
- 1 1/2 tsps Thyme, minced
- 1 1/2 tsps Rosemary, minced
- 3 tbsps Flour (all purpose)
- 2 cups Chicken stock, or low-sodium broth
Pairing Notes: The fruit elements in the dish bring our the rich red fruit flavors of the Perli Pinot and the meat complements the earthy elements.
Serena's Tip: It is about 45 minutes of active preparation and the rest of the time is cooking in the oven and clean up.
Recipe courtesy of José Andrés, via www.foodandwine.com. Photo courtesy of Akiko Ida & Pierre Javelle.