Pork Chops With Shiitake Mushrooms
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsps whole-grain mustard
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons safflower or grapeseed oil
- 1 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 4 bone-in pork chops (1 1/4-inch thick)
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 lb small shiitake mushrooms, stemmed
Pairing Notes: The earthy, smoky flavor of shiitake mushrooms combined with the richness of the pork compliments Pinot noir beautifully!
Chef's Tip: We use canola oil when we don't have safflower or grapeseed on hand.
Recipe courtesy of Melissa Clark and the New York Times. Photo courtesy of Julia Gartland/New York Times. https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/