Pasta with Roasted Vegetables, Tomatoes, and Basil
- nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 3 red bell peppers, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups medium eggplants, unpeeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 1/4 cups large yellow crook-neck squash, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 6 tbsps olive oil
- 1 1/2 lbs penne pasta
- 3 medium tomatoes, cored, seeded, and diced
- 3/4 cup fresh basil (or 2 1/4 dried)
- 3 tbsps balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan
Tasting notes: Roasting vegetables brings out a certain element of sweetness and savoryness that echoes the Perli Pinot.
Serena's tips: Consider roasting the garlic cloves with the vegetables and perhaps using 4 cloves instead of 2.
- Website link
- Website address: www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/pasta-with-roasted-vegetables-tomatoes-and-basil-105764
Recipe courtesy of: www.epicurious.com. Photo courtesy of: https://www.littlebroken.com/pasta-primavera-with-roasted-vegetables/.