Pan-Fried Trout With Rosemary, Lemon and Capers
- 2 tsps chopped fresh rosemary
- 4 trout fillets
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt, plus more to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 shallots, peeled and minced
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp drained capers
Pairing Notes: The delicate nature of the Mendocino Ridge Pinot plays perfectly with this dish.
Chef's Tip: We love the use of shallots in this dish instead of yellow onions, there is a nice complexity that is added.
Recipe courtesy of Molly O'Neill and the New York Times. Photo courtesy of Andrew Scrivani for The New York Times.