Oven-Roasted Chicken Shawarma
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled, smashed and minced
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsps freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsps ground cumin
- 2 tsps paprika
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- a pinch ground cinnamon
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 large red onion, peeled and quartered
- 2 tbsps chopped fresh parsley
Tasting notes: We love eating Indian food with Riesling and anytime we can cook it ourselves at home, we jump on the opportunity!
Serena's tips: If we have a cucmber on hand we like to make tzatziki to serve with it otherwise you can make a simple white sauce with plain yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice and garlic.
- Website link
- Website address: https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1017161-oven-roasted-chicken-shawarma
Recipe courtesy of Sam Sifton and the New York Times. Photo courtesy of Michael Kraus for The New York Times.