Oven-Roasted Chicken Shawarma
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled, smashed and minced
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsps freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsps ground cumin
- 2 tsps paprika
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- A pinch ground cinnamon
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 large red onion, peeled and quartered
- 2 tbsps chopped fresh parsley
Pairing Notes: We love eating Indian food with Riesling and anytime we can cook it ourselves at home, we jump on the opportunity!
Chef's Tip: If we have a cucmber on hand we like to make tzatziki to serve with it otherwise you can make a simple white sauce with plain yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice and garlic.
Recipe courtesy of Sam Sifton and the New York Times. Photo courtesy of Michael Kraus for The New York Times.