Olive Oil-Roasted Chicken With Caramelized Carrots
- 2 lbs whole chicken legs, or bone-in, skin-on drumsticks or thighs
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 bunch small, thin carrots, preferably with their green tops
- 2 heads garlic, left unpeeled and halved crosswise to expose the cloves
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced, seeds removed
- 1/2 bunch oregano, plus more leaves, for garnish
- 1 cup olive oil
Pairing Notes: The caramelization of the lemons and carrots play beautifully with the bright cranberry and tart cherry flavors in the Pinot.
Chef's Tip: If you have a farmer's market nearby, freshly harvested carrots make a big difference in this meal.
Recipe courtesy of Alison Roman and the New York Times. Photo courtesy of Michael Graydon & Nikole Herriott for The New York Times. Prop Stylist: Kalen Kaminski. https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/