September 1, 2015
- 6 tbsps butter
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 12 ozs button mushrooms (you can buy them presliced to make it even easier)
- 4 cups light chicken stock (or vegetable stock)
- 1 sprig flat leaf parsley
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 2 ozs sherry (use high quality, not cooking sherry)
Tasting notes: A wonderfully rich soup (without cream!) and the mushroom flavors make the cherry notes and the earthy elements of the Floodgate Pinot sing.
Serena's tips: Feel free to substitute a few wild mushrooms for some of the button mushrooms, and/or add a drizzle of truffle oil to kick this up a notch.
- Website link
- Website address: https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/mushroom-soup-231145
Recipe courtesy of Anthony Bourdain, Les Halles Cookbook, via epicurious.com. Photo courtesy of Leslie Styles, scrumpdillyicious.blogspot.com.