Lobster and Avocado Salad
- two 2 lb live lobsters
- salt to taste, if desired
- 1 lb romaine lettuce
- 1 cup finely chopped green onions or scallions
- 2 firm, ripe, unblemished avocados, about 3/4 pound each
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tbsps finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup white-wine vinegar
- 2 tbsps finely chopped shallots
- salt & pepper to taste, if desired
- 1 hard-cooked egg, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cup peanut, vegetable or corn oil
- 1/2 cup olive oil
Tasting notes: We love the richness of lobster and avocado contrasting with the bright acidity of the Rosé.
Serena's tips: Feel free to subsitute pre-cooked lobster instead of cooking it yourself to save time or just because you don't want to cook a live lobster.
- Website link
- Website address: https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/2293-lobster-and-avocado-salad
Recipe courtesy of Craig Claiborne and Pierre Franey for the New York Times. Photo courtesy of Tony Cenicola/The New York Times.