Lemongrass Pork Patties with Vietnamese Dipping Sauce
September 1, 2018
- 1 lb ground pork
- 3 large cloves of garlic, minced (about 2 tbsp)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced scallion greens (3-4 scallions)
- 1 stalk of lemongrass, tough outer layers removed, lower 6 inches of bulb finely chopped
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 tsps teaspoons fish sauce (such as nuoc mam or nam pla)
- 1 1/2 tsps sugar
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups rice vinegar, plus more to taste
- 1 tbsp sugar, plus more to taste
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp plus 1 tsp of fish sauce
- pinch of crushed red pepper
- 12 lettuce leaves (Boston or iceberg)
- herb sprigs (mint or Thai basil)
Tasting notes: We love Riesling paired with Vietnamese food as the Riesling balances the spicy elements of the meal.
Serena's tips: Definitely don't use cilantro as your herb spigs. Tahi basil is fabulous with this dish.
- Website link
- Website address: www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/lemongrass-pork-patties-with-vietnamese-dipping-sauce-51237010
Recipe and photo courtesy of: www.epicurious.com.