Grilled Ham and Gouda Sandwiches with Frisee and Caramelized Onions
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, thinly sliced
- unsalted butter at room temperature
- 4 1/3 inch thick slices of country white or sourdough bread
- 4 ozs thinly sliced smoked ham, divided
- 3 ozs gouda cheese, thinly sliced, divided
- 2 handfuls of frisee salad torn into bit sized pieces, divided
Tasting notes: The savory and salty elements of this sandwich compliment the vibrant acidity of the sparkling.
Serena's notes: We like to add dijon mustard to the sandwich for an additional pop.
- Website link
- Website address: https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/grilled-ham-and-gouda-sandwiches-with-frisee-and-caramelized-onions
Recipe and photo courtesy of Bon Appetit via Epicurious.com