Grilled Eggplant, Peppers and Onions
- 4 small eggplants (about 2 pounds), sliced into 3/4-inch rounds
- 2 medium onions, sliced into 3/4-inch rounds
- 2 ripe bell peppers (or another type of large sweet pepper), halved and seeded
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp capers, rinsed and roughly chopped
- Pinch of dried oregano
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
Pairing Notes: Because the 777 clone is a balancing act between earth and fruit, pairing it with these grilled vegetables highlights the earthiness and allows the rich fruit aromas to shine.
Chef's Tip: Be careful with the oregano, too much can kill the prettiness of the 777 clone.
Recipe courtesy of David Tanis and the New York Times. Photo courtesy of Karsten Moran/New York Times. https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/