French Potato and Green Bean Salad
- 2 lbs medium potatoes, like yukon gold
- salt and pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 large thyme sprig
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed to a paste with a little salt
- 1 tbsp chopped anchovy
- 1 tbsp chopped capers
- 2 tsps dijon mustard
- 4 tbsps white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb small french beans, or small romano or wax beans
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tbsp thinly sliced chives
- 2 tbsps roughly chopped basil
- 7 anchovy fillets, optional, for garnish
- 8 ozs arugula, optional
Tasting notes: We love having lunch outside in summer and a great summer salad paired with Rosé is our idea of a perfect summer lunch. The bright acid on the wine balances the bold dressing.
Serena's tips: This definitely serves 8 - 12 people as a side dish. Make the eggs in advance to cut down on the day of cooking time.
- Website link
- Website address: https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/12564-french-potato-and-green-bean-salad
Recipe courtesy of David Tanis for the New York Times. Photo courtesy of Karsten Moran for The New York Times.