French Lentils with Chard
August 26, 2020
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lentils, preferably imported green lentils, washed and picked over 2 1/4 cups
- a bouquet garni made with 2 bay leaves, a Parmesan rind and a sprig or two each of thyme and parsley
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 bunch swiss chard (3/4 to 1 pound), stemmed, washed and coarsely chopped
- freshly grated parmesan, crumbled goat cheese or feta for serving
Tasting notes: Lentils and chard are great to pair with Pinot because they compliment the earthy aspect of the wine and let the fruit hsine through.
Serena's tips: If you don't like chard, use arugula or spinach!
- Website link
- Website address: https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1013867-french-lentils-with-chard
Recipe courtesy of Martha Rose Schulman and the New York Times. Photo courtesy of Andrew Scrivani for The New York Times.