Fish Fillets with Tomatoes, Squash, and Basil
- 2 cups very thinly sliced assorted summer squash (like zucchini, yellow crookneck, and pattypan)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 20 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 tbsps dry white wine
- 4 tbsps extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
- 4 (6 oz) skinless white flaky fish fillets (like Atlantic cod or halibut)
Pairing Notes: This is a bright dish that screams summertime to us and the light, bright cranberry flavor on the Pinot and Sangiovese are enhanced.
Chef's Tip: We love using squash from our garden for this recipe and for the fish, we recommend fresh Corvina.
Recipe and photo courtesy of: www.epicurious.com