Coffee-Rubbed Grilled Pork Tenderloin
- 2 pork tenderloins, 1lb. each
- 2 tbsps coffee beans, finely ground
- 2 tsps light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsps salt (for the pork)
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 1 watermelon, about 4 lbs.
- 2 valencia oranges
- 2/3 cup brownsugar
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 medium shallot, sliced
- 1/2 medium jalapeño, finely chopped (including ribs and seeds)
- 1/4 tsp salt (for the watermelon)
Tasting notes: The pork is a great complement to the bright-red fruit in the wine, while the coffee rub coaxes out the Pinot’s earthiness and highlights the cigar-box nose.
Serena's tips: The watermelon relish is a lot of work, so we serve this dish with a side of salted watermelon slices instead.
- Website link
- Website address: www.finecooking.com/recipes/coffee-rubbed-pork-tenderloin-watermelon-rind-relish.aspx
Recipe by Samantha Seneviratne, from Fine Cooking, Issue 111, via Finecooking.com, Coffee-Rubbed Grilled Pork Tenderloin. Photo courtesy of Thegrotonline.com.