Coffee-Rubbed Grilled Pork Tenderloin
- 2 Pork Tenderloins, 1 LB Each
- 2 tbsps Coffee Beans, Finely Ground
- 2 tsps Light Brown Sugar, Packed
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 2 tsps Salt (for the pork)
- 2 tbsps Olive Oil
- 1 Watermelon, About 4 Lbs.
- 2 Valencia Oranges
- 2/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Medium Shallot, Sliced
- 1/2 Medium Jalapeño, Finely Chopped (including ribs and seeds)
- 1/4 tsp Salt (for the watermelon)
Pairing Notes: The pork is a great complement to the bright-red fruit in the wine, while the coffee rub coaxes out the Pinot’s earthiness and highlights the cigar-box nose.
Chef’s Tip: The watermelon relish is a lot of work, so we serve this dish with a side of salted watermelon slices instead.
Recipe by Samantha Seneviratne, from Fine Cooking, Issue 111, via Finecooking.com, Coffee-Rubbed Grilled Pork Tenderloin.
Photo courtesy of Thegrotonline.com.