Cider-Dijon Pork Chops with Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Apples
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (7oz, 1 inch thick)
- kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 4 tbsps olive oil
- 1 cup apple cider or apple juice
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsps unsalted butter, cut into 2 pieces
- 1 lb yams, peeled and cut lengthwise in half then cut crosswise into 2-inch pieces
- 2 pink lady or fuji apples, cored and cut lengthwise into eighths
- 1 large fennel bulb, trimmed and cut lengthwise into eighths
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary, cut into 1-inch pieces
Tasting notes: Sweet and savory flavors of the dish contrast beautifully with the strawberry and cherry-pie on several of our Pinots.
Serena's tips: We use Gravenstein apples because we have a tree int he yard and like a little more acid in this dish.
- Website link
- Website address: www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/cider-dijon-pork-chops-with-roasted-sweet-potatoes-and-apples-51163600
Recipe and photo courtesy of: www.epicurious.com.