Cider-Dijon Pork Chops with Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Apples
- 4 Boneless pork loin chops (7oz, 1 inch thick)
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 4 tbsps Olive oil
- 1 cup Apple cider or apple juice
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsps Unsalted butter, cut into 2 pieces
- 1 lb Yams, peeled and cut lengthwise in half then cut crosswise into 2-inch pieces
- 2 Pink lady or Fuji apples, cored and cut lengthwise into eighths
- 1 Large fennel bulb, trimmed and cut lengthwise into eighths
- 2 Sprigs of fresh rosemary, cut into 1-inch pieces
Pairing Notes: Sweet abd savory flavors of the dish contrast beautifully with the strawberry and cherry-pie on several of our Pinots.
Chef's Tip: We use Gravenstein apples because we have a tree int he yard and like a little more acid in this dish.
Recipe and photo courtesy of: www.epicurious.com