Chicken Breasts Stuffed with Figs, Prosciutto and Gorgonzola
- 4 chicken breasts halves, boneless & skinless, 7-8 oz each
- kosher salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 thin prosciutto slices, about 4 oz total
- 5 ozs gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup figs, dried
- 1 1/2 tbsps olive oil
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tbsps flat leaf parsley, minced
- sprinkle of fleur de sel, to garnish
Tasting notes: This dish is a perfect complement to the complexity of the 2012 Roma’s. The prosciutto brings out the umami aspects of the wine, while the figs highlight the fruit.
Serena's tips: Using fresh figs instead of dried figs makes the dish even better. Be sure to really flatten the chicken.
- Website link
- Website address: https://www.splendidtable.org/story/2012/04/17/chicken-breasts-stuffed-with-figs-prosciutto-and-gorgonzola
Recipe by Betty Rosbottom, Sunday Roasts: A Year's Worth of Mouthwatering Roasts, from Old-Fashioned Pot Roasts to Glorious Turkeys, and Legs of Lamb, via Splendidtable.org, Chicken Breasts Stuffed with Figs, Prosciutto, and Gorgonzola. Photo courtesy of Bill Hogan, Chicago Tribune.