Chicken Breasts Stuffed with Figs, Prosciutto and Gorgonzola
- 4 Chicken Breasts Halves, Boneless & Skinless, 7-8 oz each
- Kosher Salt, To Taste
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper, To Taste
- 8 Thin Prosciutto Slices, about 4 oz total
- 5 ozs Gorgonzola Cheese, Crumbled
- 1/2 cup Figs, Dried
- 1 1/2 tbsps Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 2 tbsps Flat Leaf Parsley, minced
- Sprinkle of Fleur de Sel, To Garnish
Pairing Notes: This dish is a perfect complement to the complexity of the 2012 Roma’s. The prosciutto brings out the umami aspects of the wine, while the figs highlight the fruit.
Chef’s Tip: Using fresh figs instead of dried figs makes the dish even better. Be sure to really flatten the chicken.
Recipe by Betty Rosbottom, Sunday Roasts: A Year's Worth of Mouthwatering Roasts, from Old-Fashioned Pot Roasts to Glorious Turkeys, and Legs of Lamb, via Splendidtable.org, Chicken Breasts Stuffed with Figs, Prosciutto, and Gorgonzola
Photo courtesy of Bill Hogan, Chicago Tribune.