Bucatini with Mushrooms
- 1/2 cup porcini mushrooms, dried
- 2/3 cup boiling water
- 8 ozs bucatini, uncooked
- 3 1/4 tsps salt
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1/4 cup shallots, chopped
- 8 ozs fresh mushroom blend
- 1 tsp basil, dried
- 2 ozs parmigiano-reggiano, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsps dry sherry
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp fresh sage, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp cracked back pepper
- 1 tsp truffle oil
Tasting notes: Pinot and mushrooms are a match made in heaven. Keep in mind that a little truffle oil goes a long way.
Serena's tips: If you can’t find bucatini, you can use fettuccine. While the recipe says it serves 4 people, we think it serves 2 as an entrée and 4 people as a side dish.
- Website link
- Website address: www.myrecipes.com/recipe/bucatini-with-mushrooms
Recipe courtesy of Cooking Light via Myrecipes.com, Bucatini With Mushrooms. Photo courtesy of Randy Mayor with styling by Leigh Ann Ross via Myrecipes.com, Bucatini With Mushrooms.