Bucatini with Mushrooms
- 1/2 cup Porcini Mushrooms, Dried
- 2/3 cup Boiling Water
- 8 ozs Bucatini, Uncooked
- 3 1/4 tsps Salt
- 1 tbsp Canola Oil
- 1/4 cup Shallots, Chopped
- 8 ozs Fresh Mushroom Blend
- 1 tsp Basil, Dried
- 2 ozs Parmigiano-Reggiano, Divided
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 2 tbsps Dry Sherry
- 1/4 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 tsp Fresh Sage, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Truffle Oil
Pairing Notes: Pinot and mushrooms are a match made in heaven. Keep in mind that a little truffle oil goes a long way.
Chef’s Tip: If you can’t find bucatini, you can use fettuccine. While the recipe says it serves 4 people, we think it serves 2 as an entrée and 4 people as a side dish.
Recipe courtesy of Cooking Light via Myrecipes.com, Bucatini With Mushrooms.
Photo courtesy of Randy Mayor with styling by Leigh Ann Ross via Myrecipes.com, Bucatini With Mushrooms.