Baked Chicken With Potatoes, Cherry Tomatoes and Herbs
- 1 (3- to 4-pound) chicken, cut up, or 3 to 4 pounds bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 4 tbsps extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp rosemary leaves (from about 2 sprigs)
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 small dried red chiles, crumbled, or 1/2 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 2 large Yukon Gold potatoes, quartered
- 12 ozs cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 large yellow onion, quartered and thickly sliced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 4 to 6 basil sprigs, plus 2 tablespoons finely shredded leaves, for garnish
Tasting notes: The tomatoes make this dish really bright and the herbs and potatoes bring in the earthy element. Thus, pairing it with a Pinot that starts off with bright fruit and ends on a savory note is perfect.
Serena's tips: Fingerling potatoes work well in this dish too.
- Website link
- Website address: https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1017566-baked-chicken-with-potatoes-cherry-tomatoes-and-herbs
Recipe courtesy of Julia Moskin and the New York Times. Photo courtesy of David Malosh for The New York Times. Food Stylist: Simon Andrews. https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/