Bacon, Gruyére and Spinach Quiche
September 2, 2016
- all-purpose flour for rolling out dough
- 1 disk cream cheese pie dough, thawed, or purchased pie crust
- 6 thick-cut bacon slices, chopped
- 1 shallot, minced
- 6 cups baby spinach
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/8 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 cup shredded gruyére cheese
Tasting notes: Both the Mariah and the Perli Vineyard Pinot Noir has a savory element that is complimented by the bacon and the spinach. The earthiness that comes out in the wine balances the fruit notes.
Serena's tips: I use a purchased pie crust for time management and for ease of freezing as well.
- Website link
- Website address: www.williams-sonoma.com/recipe/bacon-gruyere-spinach-quiche.html?cm_src=RECIPESEARCH
Recipe courtesy of from Williams-Sonoma Food Made Fast Series, Make Ahead, by Rick Rodgers 2008. Photo courtesy of Williams-Sonoma.