Bacon, Gruyére and Spinach Quiche
- All-purpose flour for rolling out dough
- 1 Disk cream cheese pie dough, thawed, or purchased pie crust
- 6 Thick-cut bacon slices, chopped
- 1 Shallot, minced
- 6 cups Baby spinach
- 3 Eggs
- 1 1/2 cups Milk
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Freshly ground pepper
- 1/8 tsp Freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 cup Shredded Gruyére cheese
Pairing Notes: Both the Mariah and the Perli Vineyard Pinot Noir has a savory element that is complimented by the bacon and the spinach. The earthiness that comes out in the wine balances the fruit notes.
Serena's Tip: I use a purchased pie crust for time management and for ease of freezing as well.
Recipe courtesy of from Williams-Sonoma Food Made Fast Series, Make Ahead, by Rick Rodgers 2008
Photo courtesy of Williams-Sonoma