Arugula Salad With Grilled Apricots and Pistachios
- 4 cups arugula, preferably wild arugula, washed and spun dry
- 1/4 cup pistachios (about 1 ounce), lightly toasted and chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped slivered basil leaves
- 1 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 tbsps extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 ozs goat cheese or feta, crumbled
- 8 small or 6 large ripe apricots
Tasting notes: The sharpness of the arugula contrasts perfectly with the rich black cherry flavors in the Transverse. Grilling the apricots brings out more sweetness which is balanced by the acidity of the Pinot.
Serena's tips: We love making this recipe in summer with argula and apricots from the farmer's market. You can also substitute peaches for the apricots.
- Website link
- Website address: https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1016644-arugula-salad-with-grilled-apricots-and-pistachios
Recipe courtesy of Martha Rose Shulman for the New York Times. Photo courtesy of Andrew Scrivani for The New York Times.