Crab Salad on Endive
- 1/2 fennel bulb - trimmed, quartered lengthwise, and finely chopped
- 1/2 lb fresh lump crabmeat (checked for shell fragments)
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh chives, finely snipped (plus more for garnish)
- 1 tbsp flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tbsps mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp creme fraiche (or sour cream)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 tsp salt, plus more, to taste
- 1/4 tsp white pepper, freshly ground, plus more, to taste
- 6 heads of belgian endive (large)
Tasting notes: The brininess of the crab complements the Brut Rosé's flavors, while the creaminess of the salad balances the wine's bright acidity.
Serena's tips: Have your local butcher cook and shell the crab for you, it makes it much faster!
- Website link
- Website address: https://www.williams-sonoma.com/recipe/crab-salad-with-endive.html
Recipe courtesy of Williams-Sonoma.com, adapted from Williams-Sonoma Food Made Fast Series, Small Plates, by Brigit L. Binns (Oxmoor House, 2007). Photo courtesy of Gary Ottonello for Cartograph.