Pancetta, Ricotta and Spinach Calzone
- flour, as needed
- purchased pizza dough
- 1/4 lb pancetta, chopped
- 2/3 cup whole milk ricotta
- 1 cup baby spinach, chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 egg, whisked with 2 tsp. water
- 1/4 cup mozzarella grated (optional)
Tasting notes: We love the richness of the ricotta and mozzearella with the earthy flavor of the spinach, it compliments the dark fruit and earthyness in the Perli.
Serena's tips: We make this into four dinner sized calzones instead of 12 mini calzones. For time efficiency, we use frozen pizza dough. For an additional layer of gooey richness, we throw in some grated mozzarella. Add a nice salad to the mix and dinner is ready to go.
- Website link
- Website address: www.williams-sonoma.com/recipe/pancetta-ricotta-and-spinach-calzone.html?cm_src=RECIPESEARCH
Recipe and photo courtesy of Williams-Sonoma.com, adapted from Williams-Sonoma Food Made Fast Series, Small Plates, by Brigit L. Binns (Oxmoor House, 2007).