Mussels with a Thai Red Curry
September 13, 2014
- 1/4 cup butter
- 5 plum tomatoes, seeded & chopped
- 2 tbsps minced garlic
- 1 tbsp peeled, chopped ginger
- 2 14 oz. cans, unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tbsp thai red curry paste
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 lbs mussels, scrubbed and de-bearded
Tasting notes: The elevated acidity in this Riesling is the perfect complement to the rich coconut milk. The fruit on the front of the palate is a great contrast to the exotic spices layered throughout the curry.
Serena's tips: To make this curry vegetarian, you can omit the fish sauce or substitute vegan fish sauce.
- Website link
- Website address: https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/mussels-with-thai-red-curry-4693
Recipe courtesy of The Santa Fe Cafe, Seattle WA (Bon Appétit October 1997), via www.epicurious.com. Photo courtesy of www.eatgoodathome.com.