Mussels with a Thai Red Curry
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 5 Plum tomatoes, seeded & chopped
- 2 tbsps Minced garlic
- 1 tbsp Peeled, chopped ginger
- 2 14 oz. cans, unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 1/4 cup Fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 lbs Mussels, scrubbed and debearded
Pairing notes: The elevated acidity in this Riesling is the perfect complement to the rich coconut milk. The fruit on the front of the palate is a great contrast to the exotic spices layered throughout the curry.
Chef’s Tip: To make this curry vegetarian, you can omit the fish sauce or substitute vegan fish sauce.
Recipe courtesy of The Santa Fe Cafe, Seattle WA (Bon Appétit October 1997), via www.epicurious.com. Photo courtesy of www.eatgoodathome.com.