Soba Salad with Miso Dressing
- Kosher salt (a few pinches to salt the water you cook the noodles in)
- 5 tbsps White miso paste
- 1/2 cup Fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup Soy sauce
- 3 tbsps Fresh lime juice
- 1 Egg (large)
- 1 cup Vegetable oil
- Black pepper, freshy ground, to taste
- 1 lb Soba noodles
- 4 Carrots (medium), peeled and coarsley grated (yields about 4 cups)
- 2 Bunches of scallions, thinly sliced on the bias (yields about 2.5 cups)
- 2 Bunches of radishes, thinly sliced (yields about 4 cups)
Pairing Notes: Asian spices and Gewürztraminer are a perfect pairing because the bright fruit flavors in the Gewürztraminer balance the spice and refresh your palate.
Serena's Tip: Boil the water for the soba noodles while you are making the dressing, so it all comes together at the same time; or, you can make the dressing the day before.
Recipe courtesy of Family Table: Favorite Staff Meals from Our Restaurants to Your Home, by Michael Romano and Karen Stabiner, © 2013 Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, via epicurious.com. Photo courtesy of Marcus Nilsson.