Poached Salmon with Fresh Morel Mushrooms, Tarragon, and Cream
- 4 tbsps butter, unsalted
- 8 ozs morel mushrooms, fresh, wiped clean and sliced
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- 3 cups dry white wine (or dry white vermouth)
- 2 salmon filets, skinned (about 6 oz. each)
- 2/3 cup heavy cream (or sub creme fraiche)
- 2 tbsps fresh tarragon, chopped, plus more for garnish
Tasting notes: Mushrooms and salmon, bring on the Pinot! Salmon brings out the rich body of the Pinot and the mushrooms emphasize it's earthy characteristics.
Serena's tips: You may use any fresh mushrooms that you prefer (and are available).
- Website link
- Website address: www.epicurious.com/recipes/member/views/poached-salmon-with-mushrooms-tarragon-and-cream-1244256
Recipe courtesy of Solo Dinners By Joyce Goldstein, via www.epicurious.com. Photo courtesy of http://www.goodtoknow.co.uk.