Poached Salmon with Fresh Morel Mushrooms, Tarragon, and Cream
- 4 tbsps Butter, unsalted
- 8 ozs Morel mushrooms, fresh, wiped clean and sliced
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- 3 cups Dry white wine (or dry white vermouth)
- 2 Salmon filets, skinned (about 6 oz. each)
- 2/3 cup Heavy cream (or sub creme fraiche)
- 2 tbsps Fresh Tarragon, chopped, plus more for garnish
Pairing Notes: Mushrooms and salmon, bring on the Pinot! Salmon brings out the rich body of the Pinot and the mushrooms emphasize it's earthy characteristics.
Serena's Tip: You may use any fresh mushrooms that you prefer (and are available).
Recipe courtesy of Solo Dinners By Joyce Goldstein, via www.epicurious.com. Photo courtesy of http://www.goodtoknow.co.uk.