Wild Mushroom Risotto version 2
- 3 14 1/2 oz cans of vegetable broth
- 3 tbsps Butter
- 3 tbsps Olive oil
- 2 Shallots, chopped
- 1 lb Assorted wild mushrooms (oyster, crimini, shiitake, etc.) sliced
- 1 cup Arborio rice or other medium-grained rice
- 1/2 cup Dry Sherry
- 1/2 cup Freshly grated Parmesan
- 3/4 tsp Chopped fresh thyme
Pairing Notes: We love the flavors of the risotto and particularly enjoyed the creaminess, it was a perfect pairing for the Cartograph Estate Pinot noir.
Chef's Tip: Be sure to use a mix of mushrooms as each one adds thir own element.
Recipe and photo courtesy of: www.epicurious.com